Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Small Victory!

I did get just over 1600 wds. written yesterday! Yay!

That's better than I had been doing. While I was at it, I also took those "scattered" ideas and organized them in somewhat the order I hope to use them in the story.

All in all, it was a good writing day though I did struggle a bit to keep my attention focused when I started writing, but after I got more into it again, it started to flow. Unfortunately bedtime rolled around too quickly.

I hope to get quite a bit more written today because tonight we're starting our Wednesday family game night and after the kids go to bed, we've got the new episode of Ghost Hunters and Men in Trees, so I'm not sure I'll be able to squeeze in writing this evening.

But if I can get a lot done this morning and early afternoon, I won't feel guilty for taking time away for the shows and I definitely won't feel guilty in regard to the family game night, regardless. It's something we've felt we needed to start including in our busy work/school week to spend time together as a family unit. I'm not sure what the kids will want to play, but I'm kind of hoping for a few rounds of Yahtzee myself. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day, writing or otherwise!

1 comment:

Devon Matthews said...

Enjoy your game night! For a while, hubby and I were playing chess every night before he turned in. We somehow ended up letting it slide lately. There just never seems to be enough time for everything. Also, enjoy the kids while they're still young enough to want to do things with you. My teenage son wouldn't hang out with us now, even if we tied him to a chair. We're too old and uncool. *g*