Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Over the Hump & All the Noise, Noise, Noise, Noise!!

Yesterday I didn't get a lot written...less than 200 words, but today I wrote just over 3K, which brought my total up.

Today's 3K had me in tears as I wrote through it...but then, I was also listening to Lost In You and Driftin' Away by (Garth Brooks) as Chris Gaines while I wrote and both those songs are pretty good about bringing up an emotional reaction for me. But when I'm writing emotional scenes, I try to listen to songs that move me in regard to the emotions that pertain to the characters and what they're going through.

I've not been sleeping good here lately either. Hubby's snoring has been continuous ALL week. I think it's driving me a bit insane..mwahaha! I lay down each night and can't get to sleep for about 45 minutes to an hour. My body wants to fight me when the alarm goes off because I'm losing that little bit of sleep each night, but there's nothing I can do about the snoring, except to sleep in the living room. Haha! Maybe I need some earplugs!

Tomorrow is stressing me out...we have to go register our daughter for kindergarten. She's been driving me batty all week, but the idea of her starting school is beginning to freak me out. Not to mention that when I went looking for her birth certificate and social security card tonight, I found her last immunization paper and it implied that she should have had another shot back in December of 2006, even though they told us she wouldn't have to have anymore until she started school. I'm not even sure which shot she missed, but I suppose we'll get that taken care of pretty soon, before she starts school.

Well, I suppose I should head off to bed. Hubby has been asleep (and snoring) on the couch since the middle of Ghost Hunters. I almost couldn't hear the television. I feel like the Grinch-

"That's one thing he hated! The Noise! Noise! Noise! Noise!"

Well, I'm off in search of a good night's sleep and a teensy bit of peace and quiet. From the sound of it, that's doubtful...but we'll see.

Night!

1 comment:

Devon Matthews said...

Taryn, you have such a great sense of humor. :o) I think I'd go insane if I had to sleep with a snorer. Hubby does snore, if he's lying flat on his back. But all I have to do is poke him and he'll turn onto his side. No more snoring.

Good luck with getting your daughter enrolled and ready for school. They always need some kind of immunization when they start. I don't care if you have the child right up to date on everything, school will find something they still need. This year was the first in 25 years that I haven't had to get up at the crack of dawn (or before) and hassle with a kid to get them out the door to school. I've been loving it! :o)