Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Little Alteration

I bounced over the 50K mark today. Yesterday I wrote almost 1,000. Today I wrote a little over 3,500.

I went back over my last novel- the 1st in this series and at this point it's finished, but it's just under 66K. Of course, I'm sure once I go back over it and start doing edits and see if there's anything I've forgotten or left out- the word count could grow...but for now, I'm aiming for approximately the same word count for each of the books in my 4 book series. I don't want them to be all over the place.

So, I changed my word count progress bar to show I'm working toward 70K. That's closer to what I'm aiming for and if I come in under that, I'll change my goal amount to indicate where I end up.

That being said, I'm less than 20k away from finishing this one and then it will be time for my brain to take a small break.

I can't complain. I've been working my fingers to the bone over the past couple of years and I've come so far from where I was with my writing...I went from daydreaming about writing, to actually making those daydreams become a reality. If I gave myself time to really think about what I've accomplished since the summer of 2006 with my writing, I would probably going into shock.

I'm proud of what I've done. It's the first time in my life I've taken time to do what I love and make it a priority that fits at the top of my list along with being a wife and mother. But by the same token, I don't want to become so "stuck on myself" that I forget who I really am and what I write and why--- whether I get published or not.

But anyway...I'm rambling and sleeping...not a good combination. LOL I'm off tots!

Night!

2 comments:

Devon Matthews said...

Gosh, you've almost finished another manuscript, and here I am still picking at a synopsis, and obsessing about my hero's internal conflict.

Way to go, Taryn! :o)

Taryn Raye said...

How's the synopsis coming?

Thank you.