Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Introducing Dawson Randolph- Hero

I hope you enjoy this interview with, my sexy main squeeze of Castaway Hearts
~
Dawson Randolph
~

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? I would spend the day with Catherine, riding horses, making love, doing whatever she wanted to do.

What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? Some think I’m gruff, stodgy for a man my age (I’m in my late 20s). It does take a while for others to warm to me, but I think most people enjoy my company once they do know me better.

What's your idea of a good marriage? Having a beautiful wife to love, someone who will always run into my arms when I return home and take me in her warm embrace is important, but so is communication and compatibility concerning having a family. I know with the right person, I can believe in anything and I do.

What are you most ashamed of in your life? Believing I could never love again after losing Lucinda and my son. I shut myself off from the rest of the world, I nearly took my own life and it still hurts, but not like it used to.

If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Catherine, of course. She’s the light of my life and reminds me what living is good for.

Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I’m probably not exactly as my parents thought I would be, but I still think they are proud of the man I’ve become.

What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? It would have to be losing Lucinda and the baby. I wasn’t the same for a long time. Darkness surrounded me. I knew the pain of loss but I didn’t know quite how to overcome it, until Catherine. She brought the light back to my life and I learned that you can’t take love for granted and you need to grab those moments in the sun, because you never know how long you will have it. It might be just a short time, but it also could be for the rest of your days.

Tell me about your best friend. I hope the Captain can forgive me, because, before his granddaughter came to live with him, he was indeed my best friend. He was the only confidant I had during those years I was mourning my wife and son. Catherine though, she has my heart and my affection in a different way. In a way that makes me hopeful and happy again. She knows my darkest secrets and my hidden pain and she loves me anyway.

What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I guess the worst thing would be falling in love with my brother’s secret betrothed. They were engaged, regardless of whether it was out in the open or not. I cannot apologize though, as it would be physically impossible, but I wouldn’t apologize for finding love again.

What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Devoted Husband to Catherine

Describe your ideal mate. Beautiful, intelligent, independent, free-spirited, loving, humorous.

What are you most afraid of? Being alone.

What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Love of family and friends. No material possession could ever take precedence over love.

What do you like best about Catherine? Least? Catherine’s smile is one of the best smiles of anyone I know. It comes so easily, it warms you through and through and her laughter is a music all its own. What do I like least? Her stubborn willfulness. Like a mule sometimes.

How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? Life is good and I have what I need most- love, family, happiness. What more could any man ask for besides maybe a really good apple pie?


Please tune in next week as we kick off a new addition to my blog-

Tuesdays with Taryn

I've invited other authors from ALL genres to answer a tiny Q&A and share a little something about one of their books, whether it be one that's been out a while or an upcoming release that we can share with you.

My first guest will be a fellow Kentucky writer, Amy Durham, author of the debut self-published Young Adult novel, Once Again.

I hope you'll take time to stop by and check it out, leave a comment or just check out what Amy has in store by visiting her blog.

1 comment:

Kelly's Mom said...

Great post, Taryn! I love his description of what makes a good marriage!