Thursday, February 16, 2012

Castaway Hearts Soundtrack

This is not the original song list from when I wrote the first draft in 2007, but the last one I have used while I was writing this novel.


I am a writer who can and generally does use musical accompaniment when I write. For Castaway Hearts, I leaned toward dark, broody music that I felt suited the tone of the story, the tragedy and madness and sorrow that Catherine falls under.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Island- Ben Taylor
No More Running Away- Ben Taylor
Rain- Ben Taylor
Tonight- Ben Taylor
One Sweet Love- Sara Bareilles
Gravity- Sara Bareilles
Another Heart Calls- The All-American Rejects
The Wind Blows- The All-American Rejects
Sunshine- The All-American Rejects
I Do- Jewel
Whenever I Run- Keith Urban (no actual video, at the 5:22 mark of this link)
Nothing Lasts Forever- Maroon 5
Better That We Break- Maroon 5
She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5
Song for Holly- Danny Saber
Crystalball- P!NK
Glitter in the Air- P!NK
Orestes- A Perfect Circle
3 Libras- A Perfect Circle
Flowers in Bloom- Rob Thicke (no video for this song, sorry)
Lost Without You-
Rob Thicke
Can U Believe- Rob Thicke
2 the Sky- Rob Thicke
Lonely World- Rob Thicke
Angels- Rob Thicke
2 Luv Birds- Rob Thicke
The Sweetest Love- Rob Thicke
Dark Secret- Matthew Sweet
Under the Water- Jewel
Into the Mystic- Van Morrison
I've Got Dreams to Remember- Otis Redding


No comments: