Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tag! You're it! on #ThursdayswithTaryn @JudyAlter

My dear fellow TMP author and friend, Judy Alter, recently tagged my WIP. As I don't have one at the moment, but will be working on the 4th and final novel in the Pryce of Love Series for NaNoWriMo next month, so I thought I would take this opportunity to get my thoughts flowing about it before I begin writing it.

Judy discussed her current WIP, the next installment of her Kelly O'Connell series, on her Tag! You're it! blog post.

Here goes my 10 questions:

  1. What is the title of your book? Heart of the Surf
  2. Where did the idea for the book come from? It sprang from Noah Pryce, the hero in the 4th book of my Love By Series. As his family situation grew and I realized he was just one of five boys, raised by their single mother, I knew the other four brothers would have to have their own stories. Mark, who's the baby, and a surfer, is the last of my boys, so it's time to tell his story.
  3. What genre does your book fall under? contemporary romance, but I like to believe that all my stories aren't just romance novels, but Life stories with heart. Their pasts aren't always spotless and sometimes it comes back to haunt them. Sometimes it's just a matter of the hardships they face that get them to their Happily-Ever-Afters. (I have high aspirations of transcending genre boundaries, can you tell? LOL)
  4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Oh, already I envision Mark Pryce played by Supernatural's Jared Padalecki, with soft tumbling sun-bleached wavy hair, a tan and that ultra cute dimpled smile. Alexa Stevens- his love interest, and his surfing competition, would be played by Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny on The Big Bang Theory- a blonde, young and hip SoCal chick. She could give him a run for his money in the dimples department and together I think they'd make one really cute couple.
  5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of the book? For Mark Pryce and Alexa Stevens, the stakes are high during an invite-only surfing competition, but the title isn't the only thing at stake—they could both lose their hearts, to each other.
  6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agent? I'm hoping to self-pub both the Love By Series and the Pryce of Love Series, in consecutive order, though I have no scheduled release dates at the moment.
  7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I haven't started this one yet, but it will be my current WIP as of November 1st when I start writing it for NaNoWriMo 2012. I'm hoping to have 50,000 written by the end of November, and finish it before the year is over.
  8. What other books would you compare this to in your genre? I'm honestly not sure. There are so many wonderful contemporary authors out there but I'm not sure who I could compare my own stories to.
  9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? Mark and Alexa. They've slowly been feeding me info about themselves and I know they're story needs to be told just as much as Mark's brothers, just as much as my Galloway sisters from the Love By Series and any other characters who've egged me on to put down their story to paper or screen.
  10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest? The heroine was a teenage mother, so there will be tension. Mark's a good guy, but Alex's young daughter might not necessarily see him as a good guy, but rather the intruder who's trying to come between her and other mother.

I'm tagging 5 other authors and I will let you know when they post to their blogs. I'm hoping all 5 will participate! Would love to hear how things are going on their WIPs!
 Okay- I'm going to start adding links below-
  1. Teresa Reasor
  2.  
  3.  
  4.  
  5.  

No comments: