Tuesday, May 8, 2012

#TuesdayswithTaryn Q&A with @JulieALindsey, #Author of #Bloom @HoneyCreekBooks #readers

Tuesdays with Taryn
Julie A Lindsey
 
What book(s) most influenced you as a writer?
Wuthering Heights because it was the book that got me interested in reading, and the one that taught me love comes in all forms- even if we don’t understand them.
I also have to credit the Twilight series for kick starting my love of YA, and inspiring my interest in sweet romance.

What book do you read over and over again? Well, I have a massive YA collection of hardbacks I read on the treadmill, plus a half dozen of the Stephanie Plum books from Janet Evanovich. And I still read Wuthering Heights every Christmas. 

Tuesday Trio-
1)      Movie- 27 Dresses, Sweet Home Alabama, Killers,
2)      Music- As I’ve been writing for Honey Creek Books, I’ve been listening to more and more country music. Normally, I’m more of a pop girl though. I sing along with the Top 40 frequently (to the dismay of my 8 year old) and usually off key.
3)      Decadent Dessert- I love anything chocolate, especially a brownie sundae, yum!

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel? I learned a person could, if they were so inclined, add oxycontin to an unsuspecting person’s powdered coffee creamer, and if they were a big creamer user, they’d be a little whack-a-doo from it. LOL. Don’t ask.

Novel on your Nightstand:
Who/what are you currently reading? I’m reading an ARC of Dreamless by Josephine Angelini today. I finished a novel called Everneath by debut YA author Brodi Ashton, and yesterday I finished a delicious YA title Hallowed by Cynthia Hand. I’m a HUGE YA addict.

Whom would you cast as your Hero & Heroine if your book became a movie? Well, if I get to pick LOL I’d ask Reese Witherspoon to play Cynthia and Alex O’Laughlin to play Mitchell.


BLOOM blurb:
In a town filled with her past, she never expected to find her future….

Seven years ago Cynthia left Honey Creek with a broken heart. Three years ago Mitchell arrived with one. Now Cynthia’s come home, and these two hardened hearts can’t stop arguing. If they’d only take a break long enough to find some common ground, they might be surprised to find love can grow anywhere.

If they let it, love will find a way to Bloom.



No comments: