Friday, June 27, 2008

Tired but Accomplished

Yesterday I wrote just over 9K and I "put a finish on it." The novel is done.

I said I was going to finish the first rough draft of it before the 28th or the end of this month at least. Well, I did just what I set out to do, even though I struggled through a few days of absolute silence as the story fell away from me and refused to come back, but when it did, it was with a rejuvenated determination to see it through to the end.

I went to bed last night talking my hubby's ear off. I couldn't stop talking. Not just about the story and my characters, but just anything and everything that came to mind. The cricket I had to rescue from inside the washing machine- Don't know HOW he got in there...the silly things our daughter had said the other day, etc. I was awash in the rush of finishing another first draft manuscript.

Of course, after I finally shut up, my mind kept racing through the story, trying to make sure that I hadn't forgotten something I should have put in it. This morning I'm doing laundry and have to pack a suitcase each for me and my daughter before hubby takes us up to my parents tomorrow for a week. I have to get the dishes washed up and figure out what I'm going to do about the menu for next week when I'm not going to be here as well as possibly making the following week's menu, too, so I don't have to worry about it before I get back home.

My body and mind are still buzzing from the accomplishment. My next goal is to write the 4th and most likely final installment to the series about the sisters. After that one, I'm not sure what I'll work on next. So far this year I've finished 3. My plan was to write at least 4 this year, but if I start working on the last one in this series after I get back from my visit with my family and friends in my hometown, I will still have the next 6 months of this year to work on more, including one I will write during my 3rd NaNoWriMo.

Depending on what I decide to write, I may attempt a few more, or I may start polishing the four book series so I can ship it out in hopes of finding it a home. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and I'll try to post while I'm up for my visit. Have a great weekend and if I don't post before then- Happy 4th of July!

No comments: