Friday, June 6, 2008

Amazing What a Little Determination Can Do..

A few days ago I would never have guessed how much writing I'd have done by now. On June 1st I decided that dawdling and procrastinating would no longer work for me. I had written 5,640 words on my current WIP. That was over the previous month or so...Not a great start to getting this novel written.

I don't know if I was burnt out or had writer's block or if I just lost my desire to write for a while. But June 1st rolled around and that was enough for me. Since then, I've written everyday. Yesterday was a fine day..and wrote 5,801 words. My new total is just over 20K. Makes me feel good...renewed, redefined as a writer.

The hardest thing for me as a writer is to find that life itself overpowers my desire to write sometimes. Things get too busy or emotionally I find myself in a place that doesn't inspire writing. Now's the time for me to find a way to balance life and writing. A new lesson to learn, a new path to take to make it work for me and not against me.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: