Tuesday, March 27, 2012

#TuesdayswithTaryn- Q&A with Margaret Ethridge @MKEthridge #TMPress #Author #Interview #readers

Tuesdays with Taryn

Click image above for Kindle version

Please help me welcome Margaret Ethridge, fellow Turquoise Morning Press author to Tuesdays with Taryn. Margaret is author of several short stories, as well as Paramour and Contentment.

What book(s) most influenced you as a writer? Wow. I’ve read my way through so many authors over the years: Nora Roberts, LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood…I could go on and on. Recently, I’ve fallen in love with Sarah Addison Allen’s books. They’re so charming and magical. She makes me want to be a better writer.

What book do you read over and over again? There are a few that I consider classics: Perfect by Judith McNaught, Scruples by Judtith Krantz, and Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts are long-time favorites. In the past year I have read and re-read Outlander & Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon as well as Garden Spells and The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen.

Tuesday Trio-

1) Movie- Gone With the Wind

2) Music- Duran Duran

3) Decadent Dessert- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel? I can’t think of anything bizarre. Most of my research tends to be about physical/medical conditions.

Novel on your Nightstand:

Who/what are you currently reading? An Affair with Mr. Kennedy by Jillian Stone

Whom would you cast as your Hero & Heroine if your book became a movie?

I hope you’re allowing time travel in this casting call.... While writing Commitment, I saw Maggie McCann as a Maureen O’Hara type – feisty, beautiful, and not afraid to follow through once she makes up her mind. Tom Sullivan would be harder to cast, but I think Aiden Quinn could handle it nicely. Or I could handle him… With my April release, Spring Chickens, I definitely had a young Paul Newman in mind the moment I conjured Bram Hatchett. Lynne is definitely the Renee Russo type.

Commitment

Tom Sullivan wants a woman who is willing to accept him as he is. The successful divorce attorney has seen enough of the flip side of love to know better than to promise forever. Women have tried to pin him down, but none have managed to make it stick.

Until Maggie McCann.

Maggie is only interested in one thing. Her fortieth birthday is looming and the tick-tock-tick-tock in her head means her biological clock is about to strike midnight on her dreams of finding Prince Charming. Armed with a new plan for her happily ever, she foregoes the Fairy Godmother routine and makes an appointment with a fertility clinic for a rendezvous with a sperm donor.

The last thing Maggie needs is to get mixed up with a player like Tom Sullivan.

A chance encounter and the opportunity to scratch a decade-long itch prove irresistible, and what starts as a one-night stand turns into a game of cat and mouse when Tom learns of Maggie’s plan to start a family on her own.

To Maggie, messing with a guy like Tom Sullivan is the single-girl equivalent of playing with fire, but she convinces herself to take what she can get for as long as she can and expect nothing more. But Tom falls hard and fast for Maggie, and now that they’re planning to have a baby together he starts banking on his own a happily ever after.

If only he can get her to commit…

To find out more about Margaret and her books
click the image above to go to her website

To find Commitment in other formats or through other sites or more-
Amazon Print
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords
Turquoise Morning Press Bookstore

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting with me Margaret!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love learning more about authors and where they find their inspiration! I can't wait for your new release, Margaret! :)

Unknown said...

I never get tired of seeing that amazing cover. I'm so with you on the carrot cake!
Good luck with your new release!