Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Please #RT Tuesdays with Taryn #Q&A with @kristaames #SecondChances @RubyLionessPres

Tuesdays With Taryn

Please help me welcome Krista Ames this fine Tuesday morning!

What book(s) most influenced you as a writer? You know, honestly I would have to say anything Linda Lael Miller. I love love love western romance and she hooked me first. From there I added Diana Palmer, Debbie Macomber, Kate Douglas, Maya Banks, Loralei James, Maddie James and the list goes on from there. It started my head rolling with ideas and I just started writing. The funny thing is I haven't published any westerns yet. I do have one in the works though. Mostly mine have been sweet contemporary romance.

What book do you read over and over again? Well that would be Maya Banks' Colters Woman. I have read it so many times but I love it each time anyway. It's just a really well written book and the three brothers stole my heart. The other I've read more than once is “Cowboy in my Pocket” by Kate Douglas

Tuesday Trio-

1) Movie- Just one? Okay, Pride and Prejudice, the version with Kiera Knightly

2) Music- Marry You by Bruno Mars

3) Decadent Dessert- Cheesecake...with raspberry sauce

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel? My publishing hasn't been too extensive yet but I do have a lot of works in progress. Not sure I've had anything so bizarre yet but I love doing the research about things I have no clue about so it's all interesting when I learn something new.

Novel on your Nightstand:

Who/what are you currently reading? It changes often because I do some reviews but right now I have a Valentine Anthology. Valentine Delights, Be Mine put out by Still Moments Publishing and also Unspoken Promises by Becca Dale from Decadent Publishing.

Whom would you cast as your Hero & Heroine if your book became a movie? Oh wow that's a touch question, I haven't thought about that once. For my new release coming out I see a younger generation actor and actress. Hmm, I really like Amanda Seyfried from her appearances in Mama Mia and Letters to Juliet and of course the Hero would be Channing Tatum.

Krista's upcoming release is Second Chances,

due out this Friday, March 16 from Ruby Lioness Press.


Here is an excerpt from Second Chances—

He watched her knees buckle a bit as Dana clutched at Amy’s arm, never taking her eyes off him. She said something he couldn’t make out—he never was good at reading lips. He was good at reading body language, however, and he knew in an instant what she meant to do just as she turned and made a dash for the patio door. Instinctively, he propelled himself forward, his body miraculously unfrozen. He had to go after her. He was the reason she was bailing after all. He knew from the look on her face. He passed Dave and Amy and shook his head when Dave tried to speak.

Don’t. I’m sorry. I have to go after her.”

He closed the sliding door behind him and stood on the deck, searching the darkness. She wasn’t there. She couldn’t have gone far. She didn’t know anyone else here, and he doubted she was familiar with the area. He descended the stairs and walked out onto the yard along the water’s edge. Where’d she go? He started walking and, with relief, caught sight of a silhouette against the water toward the end of his property.

He approached her quietly. She stood, arms hugging tightly around her middle, and held her shoes in her hand while the gentle waves splashed up and over the seawall. Damn, he wanted to touch her. It’d been so long. He couldn’t deny the growing ache pushing against his heart and a sudden tightening of his groin at the sight of how well that dress fit her curves, but this definitely wasn’t the time for his libido to come to life.

He wanted to turn her, hold her in his arms, and nuzzle her beautiful neck just below her ear like she’d always loved. Would she still like it? Maybe she wouldn’t. Maybe he didn’t know her anymore, but he couldn’t stop himself. God, he wanted this woman still. He wanted her to know how very sorry he was for hurting her, and why. But she wouldn’t welcome his touch, especially now. He was certain of it. She’d likely administer a low blow, which he would totally deserve, and bolt. She was unpredictable that way. He loved that about her, too.

He was only human, however, and he couldn’t not touch her. She knew he was there—he’d seen her form go stiff at his presence. Careful not to scare her, he slowly ran his fingertips over her bare shoulders and down her arms, feeling her shiver at his touch before she took a step away. “Don’t, Nicholas,” she said in a low, shaky whisper.


Krista's Website

Krista's Blog- A Passion for Romance

Krista's Available Titles on Amazon

Krista's Available Titles on Barnes & Noble

Smashwords

21 comments:

Krista Ames said...

Taryn, thank you so much for having me, this post looks great!

Taryn Raye said...

Thank you for joining me today! (Glad I came back by here, as the excerpt posted in black font- at least on my computer. Hopefully I fixed that!)

Best of Luck with Second Chances, it sounds good!

Krista Ames said...

Yep it looks all there! Thanks again!

Denise Moncrief said...

Hi Krista. Saw the tweet and thought I stop by and take a look. It's great getting to know you better. I really enjoyed the excerpt. Good luck with Second Chances!

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks for stopping by, Denise.

Krista Ames said...

Hi Denise, thanks so much for stopping by! It was great to see you here. Thanks I'm so excited about this story. Then I have 2 more that will go with it eventually, keeping fingers crossed :)

Jennifer Johnson said...

Nice post!

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks for stopping by to check it out Jennifer.

Sheri Fredricks said...

Congratulations on your release. It's so nice to know other authors better.

Teresa Reasor said...

Congratulations Krista!!! Very good excerpt. And a good interview.
The book sounds wonderful.
Teresa R.

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sheri and glad we were able to give you a small glimpse into a little more about Krista.

Taryn Raye said...

Hello Ms. Teresa, glad you stopped by. It's a very exciting time for her. I can't wait to check it out.

Suzanne Lilly said...

Congratulations on your Friday book birthday! Happy birthday to you! This is a great interview.

Taryn Raye said...

Hello Suzanne! Glad you stopped by!

Krista Ames said...

Thank you Jennifer!

Krista Ames said...

Thank you Sheri :) I agree with you, I love doing these and had alot of fun with it.

Krista Ames said...

Thank you very much Teresa and thanks for stopping by!

Krista Ames said...

Well thank you Suzanne...I never thought about it like that but you're right:) I think it calls for some birthday dessert for sure! Thanks so much for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Very intriguing excerpt, Krista. Good luck and enjoy your release day. Congrats.

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks for stopping by Christina.

Krista Ames said...

Thanks Christina and glad you stopped by!