Saturday, March 17, 2012

#SCENTsational Saturdays- Through the Years-#ElectricYouth & Happy #StPaddys Day! #Green

Electric Youth was a fruity scented fragrance marketed by Revlon to go along with Debbie Gibson's album and song of the same title. It was aimed at Debbie's teenaged fans with a blend of citrus and other fruit essential oils.

Yes, as a teenager, I totally wanted to be like Debbie Gibson. I sang along with my cassettes and knew all the lyrics and I danced crazy in my bedroom when no one was looking. I wanted cool clothes like hers, but I settled for wearing her loud fruity fragrance. Again, this is one of those perfumes that I wore until it was discontinued, and I miss it dreadfully.

A fun funky fragrance, it really did make you feel youthful and spunky.



As Debbie said, youth is energy. Youth has nothing to do with age.
It's Electric.

Debbie saw me through the joys and pitfalls of being a teenage girl and helped me deal with my first heartache with Lost in Your Eyes. I'm a dork, I know, but that teen angst still comes bubbling to the surface when I hear her music and this song can still move me to tears, but not quite for the same reasons. ;) Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people!




Hope you have a SCENTsational Saint Patrick's Day Saturday! Hope you're wearing green!
I am!

No comments: