Thursday, February 14, 2013

Nurture A Feeling of Love to Last All Year Long #Valentines

♥♥♥ Happy Valentine's Day ♥♥♥
"Love~ an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."

Last year, I believe I posted that it's my belief that Valentine's Day isn't just for lovers. It's for anyone who has love in their heart for their fellow man, woman, parent, child, siblings, friends, even strangers. It's the one day that we all agree upon to shower those we love with things "from the heart."

Some people absolutely adore and relish the idea of this day of love while others resent it with a mad fiery passion. I prefer to enjoy it as a day that just serves as a nice reminder to always be my kindest, always show love and compassion to my family and friends and strangers and try to remember to nurture these relationships with the love and respect they so deserve, all year long.

Life is an extensive journey, if we're really lucky, and we spend it with a variety of people, who come and go, throughout that lifetime. I'd never want any of my family or friends to think that they were alone in this world. I hope that when it boils down to it, they all know that there is someone out there who loves them dearly, even when they feel they've hit rock bottom or when it feels like no other soul on earth understands or cares.

I am lucky to have a husband who sees the nurturing side of me and who thinks about that quite often when he gets me flowers for special occasions. Below in the picture are the begonias he got me last week for my birthday and next to them (on the right) are the mini roses he got me yesterday for Valentine's Day.

Both flowers need nurturing, though the begonia is going to be difficult- not too much water but not too little and it seems to be a very sensitive plant. My mom said she never had luck with them because she always killed them and by what I found out when I looked them up, I might have a hard time with these, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

When my husband brought in the mini roses yesterday, they were puny and sad looking, full of old dead leaves and very dry soil. He said, "These looked like they could use some love." 

So he brought them to me. We'll see. I hope I have a heart full enough of love to nurture both these plants and keep them alive. Maybe they'll even bloom so beautifully, I'll have to share them again some time here on the blog.

Nurture those you love, not just today, but everyday~
I wish you great love, laughter and joy this
Valentine's Day.
May it fill your heart to overflowing.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥  

No comments: