Thursday, November 6, 2008

NaNo Day 5 a Bust, NaNo Day 6 a Struggle (crosspost)

Yesterday was a major bust on th writing front- after cleaning my daughter's room for about 6 hours, and having hubby home not feeling well and fixing supper and watching Bones and Ghost Hunters, I just wasn't up to writing much at all. My head was in a fog. I wrote 628 words before I had to shut it down and go on to bed feeling groggy and sluggish.

I woke up this morning feeling no better- I could barely wake up and was dozing off as I helped my daughter get dressed this morning. Usually the sleepyhead- she kept clapping her hands and making me laugh to keep me awake. She's my little sweetie.

Today has been a little more productive, but the words are coming as slow and as sluggish as I feel right now. I've got vapor rub on my neck and chest and sipping tea and sucking on a cough drop. It's not very conducive to writing, that's for sure.

Just why I had to get sick the week before NaNo started I will never understand. It's doing a number on my ability to get any writing done even though I am ahead on my word count. Every word, sentence and paragraph comes like I'm bleeding them out, slowly, agonizingly.

Frankly I'll be glad when I get to feeling better, but just when I thought I was feeling better yesterday evening, I turn around and feel worse today. I napped earlier today, but that didn't help, just left me feeling more exhausted than before.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!

No comments: