Thursday, August 23, 2007

Don't Sweat The Small Things...

Well, yesterday I did endeavor to fix my first novel by opening it along with a new blank document that I retitled slightly from my original.

I began by going in, and copying and pasting the section from my original file into the first chapter of the new blank one. Then after I got it down and changed some stuff, I hightlighted the section in the old one with bright red font color to mark where I'd been, and started extracting (by c & p) other sections and reworking them into the new file as well as highlighting all sections I was moving in the old one so I can keep up with what has been copied and pasted into the new file. My red font is bread crumbs to make sure I don't cross the same path twice.

I think I actually converted the first 2 or 3 chapters of my old version into about 5 or 6 now that I have been doing that and my stopping point on the old file last night was around page 42, but in the new file I have 51 pages. Not sure how I managed that, though I guess it could have something to do with the extra passages I added and the changes I made in certain scenes.

So far so good then. Everything else seems to be falling into place so fingers crossed and knock on wood, that might've been the most MAJOR change I had to make to it, other than minor revisions and such.

Off to do some more work!

No comments: