Friday, February 29, 2008

Distraction

Yesterday I was exhausted when I got up. I'm not sure why, but I was just not in the mood to write much. I got 800 words written, but that was after I dozed off on the couch once I saw hubby off to work and son off to school. I couldn't keep my eyes open, just totally wiped out.

Then I talked to my mom for a while on the phone and finally sat down and wrote some, but even then my mind kept wandering. I wanted to be IN my novel, but my brain wasn't cooperating.

I had a lot on my mind I suppose and knew I was fixing a "big" meal for dinner. Baked BBQ chicken, homemade mashed potatoes and homemade mac n' cheese.

I shut down the computer when I went to fix supper and afterward I never turned it back on at all. Instead I indulged myself in reading one of my TBR books. As if I don't have enough of them on my bookshelf! LOL I just got four new ones the other day along with one of the books I ordered to research rodeo life. I've still got a few others coming as soon as they're shipped. LOL

I have always loved books and rediscovered that little fact when I started taking a more serious interest in my own writing. Right now I probably have somewhere in the vicinity of 40 books I plan to read. That doesn't include all the other books I have in my bookcase in the bedroom, some of which I've read, but a lot I haven't. I'll get around to it one of these days. :o)

Today I've got to make up the grocery list and menu, but I'm hoping to find a quiet peaceful place where I can write till my fingers ache.

To a great writing day! Hope everyone has a wonderful FRIDAY!!

1 comment:

Devon Matthews said...

I hope you find your writing place today. I wrote nothing yesterday in the interest of trying to research the market, and now I wish I had because the time would have been much better spent that way.