Monday, February 4, 2008

39K and Editing

I'm feeling better now than I did the last time I posted. I'm still coughing and have the sniffles, but I believe that's mostly my sinuses and that's just something I deal with on a daily basis anyway.

I'm sitting on 39K, but I've been doing a lot of editing to make sure I "get the was out" and convert my passive voice to an active one. I also added some extra passages that I felt were needed and have been checking for bad sentence structure and clutter.

I don't really count my drafts so I have no idea how many times I've done editing. I generally do rework as I go along. I go back a chapter or a scene before I start writing for the day, so there's probably been a few redrafts along the way already. I figure that helps refresh my memory of where I am and where the story is going, but it also helps me clear the way too.

I've been contemplating setting up my own website through a free one I know of. I'm just not sure I'm computer savvy enough to figure it out, so I'm backing off until I feel a bit more confident about doing so. I'm sure I will do it before too long, and when I do I will post about it and include the link to it.

But for now, I'm going to check a few more emails and then get my brain in gear for writing today. Hope everyone has a wonderful one.

No comments: