Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yesterday I tried to upload some pictures of the snow, but that is bygone now(blogger was acting ugly)...

Today is Valentine's Day!!

What better day to talk about romance than Valentine's Day?

When you think about Valentine's Day, what are some of the most common things that come to mind?

Roses? Candy in heart-shaped boxes? Jewelry? Cards?

I hate to say it but I'm not a roses, candy or jewelry type girl. Cards I love. My husband got me a musical one that played Barry White's My First, My Last, My Everything last year. That brought me more joy than anything because he knew that was one of my all-time favorite songs and it was a total suprise to open that card and hear that song. He truly is a man after my heart.

This year he asked what I wanted and I didn't really know. He has a broken foot so he can't really hobble around the store in search of something for me. So I looked on amazon and found the movie Little Women with June Allyson on DVD and the soundtrack to Music and Lyrics. So he told me to order them.

I got him a small bag of Dove milk chocolates and a card last Friday at the grocery store(I waited too late to order him something online and he acted like he didn't want anything..) The card has a golden retriever on it and a white cat with blue eyes. It says something to the effect that "they might've been an odd pair..Max tended to leave the toilet seat up after he got a drink and Tabby left furballs everywhere" and inside it said, "Doggone it! I have the purr-fect husband." I thought my husband would get a kick out of that because he has a bad habit of leaving the lid up and I have long thick hair and I "shed" sometimes. LOL

So in honor of Valentine's Day- I'm going to list a few of mine and Dave's songs- most are from when we first met. We used to send each other ecards that played songs-

Amazed- Lonestar
Angel- Sarah MacLachlin
I Knew I Loved You (Before I Met You)- Savage Garden
Hanging By A Moment- Lifehouse
Iris- The Goo-Goo Dolls
Valentine- Martina McBride
You Just Get Better All The Time- Tim McGraw
Bless The Broken Road- Rascal Flatts
The Day Before You- Rascal Flatts
Don't Want To Miss A Thing- Aerosmith
She's Everything- Brad Paisley
Making Memories of Us- Keith Urban

Oh, there's plenty more...just too much to take in all at once. It all makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFULLY romantic Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Devon Matthews said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Taryn! I've linked you. It's good to be back. :o)

Devon