Monday, February 11, 2008

Into The Home Stretch...

I'm coming into the home stretch on my novel, I do believe. Yesterday I wrote just under 7,000 words. I haven't written that much since early in January when I almost wrote 10K in one day.

I don't know what got into me yesterday. I just couldn't stop typing and well, I can't help but say it felt AMAZING to write like that again. Even after I closed the file and shut off the computer last night and crawled into bed with that feeling of accomplishment, my characters kept chattering away...telling me where I'm supposed to go today.

Now, the idea they threw at me last night was a love scene on the beach, and I thought that was the direction I was supposed to go, but now I'm thinking there may be more to it than a beach scene...we'll see. I generally try my best to let my characters lead the way unless I think they're going to do something totally out of character. Unexpected doesn't bother me....totally unlike them, does.

I'm thinking I'm close to the end...another chapter or two- maybe three...but after that the novel should be done. Of course my couple from this one won't be disappearing completely. The heroine's older sister's story is next, where she'll take center stage and they'll show up off and on. Every sister's story will overlap in some form or fashion.

I'm off and gone...maybe I'll get my WIP done today and be able to start #2 today or tomorrow.

No comments: