Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Way to a Man's Heart- Cheesy Bacon Tator Bake

Starting a New Year has thrown me for a loop, as this first week of 2013 has gotten away from me. I meant to work on a short blog post for this and then post on Saturday. My husband ended up being off work Friday, so we did the grocery shopping while the kids were at school and I hadn't gotten on the computer at all this weekend until now, because I remembered that I didn't post a Six Sentence Sunday snippit (and unfortunately I hadn't planned ahead for it, so I'm holding off on that. The last snippit I shared was a stopping point for me as I don't want to give away all of Love By Design before I publish it.)

So...having said that, I'm going to post this today, though it's Sunday rather than a Saturday, but wanted to get this one on out there. It's a potato dish I threw together once when we were going to be having company and it's morphed into a favorite side dish we have quite often. Hope you enjoy it!


Ingredients-
Potatoes (amount depends on size of serving dish. I generally use an 8X8 glass dish)
8 oz. Sour Cream
8-16 oz. bag of Shredded Cheddar, divided 2/3 for mixing in, 1/3 for topping
Bacon Bits (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Stick Butter (melted)
Cooking Spray

Directions-

  1. Preheat oven to 350º
  2. Peel & rinse desired amount of potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes
  3. Boil or Steam until fork tender (in my steamer, approx. 35-40 minutes)
  4. In large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, melted butter, salt, pepper, sour cream, bacon bits and the 2/3s of shredded cheddar
  5. Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick
  6. Pour mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle top with remaining shredded cheddar.
  7. Bake at 350º for approximately 30 minutes, until heated thoroughly and top cheese is golden brown.


1 comment:

Susansweaters said...

This sounds delicious. Your life sounds like mine - trying to get it all done.
susansweaters.etsy.com