Monday, February 18, 2008

Determined Woman

Okay. I've been REALLY lax with my writing for almost a week. Today I'm determined to get my behind back in gear and finish this puppy. I went to bed last night "arguing" with the characters and it went a little something like this-

"Shut up, I need to go to sleep."
"No, I have to tell you this. Blah Blah Blah should happen."
"Is that really what you want?"
"Yes it is."
"Okay Okay. Now will you be quiet so I can go to sleep."

Quiet....finally....

Then I had weird dreams off and on all night and had to get up to use the bathroom more times than I care to count.

A few times I was more than tempted to come in here and boot up the computer in the middle of the night and get back to work, but I knew my stepson would have to get up and get ready for school today and I needed to get my rest so I'd be up when he got up. Yes, on President's Day...a day that we thought he was going to be out of school.

They had decided at the beginning of the school year to have school today because they missed a few on account of postponing the start of it in August. The woman my husband spoke to at the school said, "Well, we announced it on the local radio station." My husband told her they still should've sent a note home for the parents because not everyone listens to that radio station. Just insane.

So here I am...and now I'm going to throw myself back into the read-through editing and hope to get my baby finished today. I'm so close I can taste it.

Have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Devon Matthews said...

I hope you make your goal today and finish that ms. But don't beat yourself up over taking a little break. Sometimes we need to recharge or just let those characters build up such a head of steam, it gushes out like a broken damn when we finally do back to it.

I find it weird, too, that's there school today. I'm told the kids went here today, too.