Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome @LeTeishaNewton #Author of MURDER BY RITUAL to #TuesdayswithTaryn

Tuesdays with Taryn
Welcome LeTeisha Newton!
(clicking image above will take you to LeTeisha's website/blog)

What book(s) most influenced you as a writer?
Wow. I think that I’d have to say Kushiel’s Dart, by Jacqueline Carey, which was, by far, one of the best debut books I have ever read. I think I was salivating with each one that came out, it was a nine book series by the time she stopped writing in that world. Any time you have people tattooing their flesh with something that was in your book you have done an amazing job. I wanted to do that, and it is still my “I want to get there” novel.

What book do you read over and over again?
It’s a toss-up between Kushiel’s Dart (because I have the first printing with the original cover and I love the feel of it in my hands) and Dark Fire, by Christine Feehan, also in book format. Dark Fire introduced me to paranormal romance and I’ve never looked back!

Tuesday Trio-
1)      Movie-  Fifth Element is still a favorite!
2)      Music-  Danger by Etro Anime
3)      Decadent Dessert- Vanilla ice cream and a warm brownie!

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel?
That I have family members in England that perform séances! I was researching psychics and people who commune with object of the dead for my heroine, Eris, in my book Murder by Ritual. That was a shock to see! I hadn’t known she was doing it (and I don’t publish her name because she asked me not to. Something about interfering with the spirits and the people who ask for her help). Also, I studied East Asian Studies in college, hence my use of the Chinese Four Mystical Animals in Dragon's Ward.


Novel on your Nightstand:
Who/what are you currently reading?
Dark Seduction by Gena Showalter. I wanted to read Paris’ story again. I was so heart-broken for him when he lost Sienna, and I was happy to see him get a woman!

Whom would you cast as your Main Characters/Hero/Heroine if your book became a movie?
Hmmm. When I think of Murder by Ritual, which is long enough to be a movie, I would have to say Thadie Newton (no relation I think) for Eris and Ken Watanabe for Ken, my hero and heroine of the story. I would also cast Alexander Skarsgard for Bosnair, head of the Vampire Houses, man he’s a beef cake, Julianne Moore as Bean, the Banshee director of the Special Core for Strands. I think they would be perfect. I would say who my villain would be, but then you’d know who the murder is and that would take away from the story!

Murder by Ritual-
(click book cover to go to Amazon Kindle buy page)

Eris Herrington on the scene of a grisly quadruple murder thinks she’s been pushed too far. Strands--humans who now had the power to walk as animals or, like her, could see into anything they touch--haven’t been public for long. A killer among them won’t be good.

Eris realizes she’s been manipulated for this case in order to join the Strand Special Core, and Ken Satou will be her partner. She’s ready to walk away, but Ken won’t stand for it. If he has to seduce her into submission to solve this case (TWEET THIS!) that is exactly what he’ll do.


Also available at
And COMING SOON!
(September 20, 2013)
Dragon's Ward
LeTeisha Newton


She became the Dragon’s Ward.

Brook had been hunted by her stalker, Roach, for nearly two years. He’s become crazed to have her, toying with her, until he can make her his forever. Just that forever for him means death for her.

When Stefan caught a nearly frozen woman in his arms, he never thought he would find the Phoenix to his King Dragon. She’s priceless, and his nobles, Cadoc and Nero, have been awaiting her to complete their quartet as well. Come hell or high water they will save her from Roach and claim her.

You can also check out a podcast reading of the 1st chapter HERE on LeTeisha's PodOmatic Profile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for having me stop by!

Taryn Raye said...

So glad to have you join me LeTeisha!