Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Way to a Man's Heart- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie



Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Normally I would have a picture, but I haven't made Chicken Pot Pie in a while and I thought I had a picture of one I'd made but I can't for the life of me find it. I hope you enjoy this recipe though and Happy Saturday!

 
1-2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Celery Stalk, chopped
1-2 Potatoes, peeled, rinsed and chopped
1 med-large Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons of Butter
½ can of Peas (or the small can works well)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pie Crust for bottom and top

Directions-

  1. Preheat oven to 400º
  2. Simmer Chicken, Celery, Potatoes, Carrots on low with a dash of pepper, salt and a couple of tablespoons of butter until chicken is done
  3. Drain veggies and cut up chicken into bite size pieces
  4. Mix chicken, veggies (including peas), soups and a little chicken broth until all warmed
  5. Pour into uncooked pie crust Place top pie crust, seal, poke air holes and brush with melted butter
  6. Bake at 400º for approximately 50 minutes, or until crust is golden (I take it out at the ½ way mark to re-butter crust and then continue baking)

No comments: