Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yesterday is History...

Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present. Why does December always seem to just fly by?

But, speaking of present(s)- a glance at the calendar this morning is a cheery reminder that in less than week we'll have a teenage boy on our hands. I've been in his life since he was 2 1/2 and I love him as my own, but I don't love the eye-rolling that's been going on now for more than year, though he's not 13- at least not yet. I'm wondering already if the attitude will worsen, or is his at its peak?

Add to the mix a soon to be 9-year-old, who seems older than she is sometimes, and is now in the gifted program at school, as well, further proving she's smart as a tack and unfortunately, she's WELL aware of it. LOL I believe her new nickname should be the Little Professor, for she also thinks she's knows all and sees all! She and her older brother make quite the pair!

Today I need to get their presents wrapped and probably tuck them under the Christmas tree- birthday wrappings and all- just to taunt them that they still have a few days before they can open them.

In the mean time, I'm doing well, enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family and realized that its been nearly a month since I posted my last blog, so I thought it time to get current and up-to-date. Mailed my Christmas cards and the "family newsletter," which was different this year with the addition of info about signing my contract for Castaway Hearts and how life as a writer has altered somewhat.

We got the Christmas shopping done and now we just have cookies and treats to make for a few family and friends. My gums are healing great and I feel a LOT better than I have in months.

In my writing corner, things are settled down and edits are done, so now it's galley time for me and the editor, soon as we hear back from the powers that be. We're moving right along.

Now---if we can just "make it through December"- everything's gonna be all right and I'll hopefully find my rhythm again and get back in the groove.

Have a great Wednesday and swing back by here Friday if you get the chance to check out a new thing I'm hoping to remember to do every week- Fun Feature Friday where I'll be sharing a book recommendation and introducing you to some of my fellow TMP authors. It will be great and wonderful fun, so stay tuned.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

No comments: