Thursday, October 29, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009- Coming Soon to A Computer Near You!

Yep yep, it's that time of year again. I decided I will probably crosspost from here to my LiveJournal (and Myspace, as usual) this year- it would just make things easier, I'm sure.

I have a lot on my plate in the coming weeks along with NaNo- Today I am going to tackle carving the kids' pumpkins. Saturday we have a trip to Bowling Green to pick up the in-laws Christmas presents we're having made and I might see if we can do some last minute shopping for something for me to dress up as for Halloween that night. Of course, if the weather forecast for our area is right, it's going to be rainy and it's going to be interesting getting my daughter- the Southern Belle, in all her hoopskirt glory, in and out of the car in bad weather...I'm hoping to squeeze in watching Rocky Horror before Halloween's come and gone and there's also the Ghost Hunters Halloween special on that night, too....But that's just the beginning of the insanity-

That night Time "falls back" and it will be Midnight Cinderella- my beautiful coach will turn back into a pumpkin and as the mice scurry away back to the attic- the real fun for this Noveling Princess will begin.....I don't have a Prince Charming- unless you count my hero, but he has a heroine of his own to win over, and I will have NaNoWriMo chasing me down through the cold falling leaves of November to find out if my glass slipper still fits and if I still have the ability to accomplish a LOT in so little time- especially with so many other things going on as well.

Once November gets underway- I will be writing like crazy as well as cleaning house and getting decorated for the holidays- tree goes up, Christmas village pops up on the shelves, outdoor decor lights up the evenings, then filling out all the Christmas cards, wrapping presents, baking some goodies, Thanksgiving with my family and this year- before Thanksgiving we're having a weekend get away with Hubby's dad's side of the family to Pigeon Forge, TN.

Sounds like November is going to be JAM PACKED with excessive writing and all kinds of travel and holiday goodness! Yummy!!!! Can't wait to take a bite out of it! LOL And that doesn't even include the children's birthdays within the first 2 weeks of December and then Christmas and New Year's..... Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm super excited for NaNo this year. It's yar 3 for me.

Sounds like you'll be super duper busy. I hope it goes smoothly and we all walk away from November with a fabulous first draft of our next novel. :-)

Magdalena Scott said...

Enjoy, Taryn! Sounds like a great month!