Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm a Slug

Even after my little vacation away and not really thinking about my writing, I'm still not in a "groove" so to speak.

My thoughts keep straying to other things that I need to do around the house as well as missing my hometown yet again. It's not the going up that gets me...it's the coming back.

I think of how much I'm missing my family and my friends and the fact that no matter where I roam...that place will always be home. Always the one and only place that the roots of where my dreams of writing began and it just makes me misty-eyed to think that I can't just plop down and sit on my roots longer. They're too big and deeply embedded to dig up and bring with me. LOL

I did get the chapters broken up, but right now I'm going back and AGAIN doing another read-through in hopes that when I get back to where I left off...I can finally finish this booger.

My head's just not in the game. I'm burn out, but at the same time, my novel stays on my mind as much as home does...so it's hard to escape either one.

I have been doing well on my Gazelle, so that's one good thing I have going for me...I've done about 6 miles on it so far this week. Yay Me! LOL

Well, I'm off to stick my nose back in this WIP and see how much farther I can get. Toodles and Happy Writing!

2 comments:

Devon Matthews said...

For the past week, my head's been in writing but my body hasn't. It's been outdoors as much as possible enjoying the beautiful weather. But with rain on the way, the body will probably be back in the computer chair. ;o)

Taryn Raye said...

I'm hoping for the same. The sun is shining this morning, but once the rains roll in here, hopefully I'll be able to settle my behind in the chair too. The past couple of days have been beautiful!