Monday, April 28, 2008

Floating Adrift....

Sinking down, drowning in lack of inspiration....

What is WRONG with me?!?! ACK!

I keep thinking that if I keep pushing against this brick wall, I'll eventually find some weak spot- an area that I can bust through this insufferable stalwart.

I've jotted a few ideas down, but I don't feel like I've got it "just so-so." Something is missing, something pertinent to the story, something that will make it different, unique and believable. I need an idea that isn't your usual fare, something that will stand out- like this splash of pink amongst the red.
Blossom is different from her sisters. She isn't the typical flower in this garden. She is slow to bloom and hides her secrets deep within her budding personality. Her characteristics aren't easy to see right now, her petals still closed up and the only thing I have to go on is the harsh outer signs- the thorns of who she has become and not the soft, sensitive, beautiful person she is beneath the snobby sharp exterior. I'm impatiently waiting for her open up and reveal who she really is.
My patience is growing thin, though. I wrack my brain daily, trying to think of something new, something I hadn't thought could work in her story. Since I'm writing the four books in order, I'm not sure I could jump over Blossom's and come back to it after writing Violet's, because Blossom's is going to set the pace for the one that follows.
It's frustrating...to say the least. It's hard enough to be in the middle of a story and get stuck, but to be stuck pretty much from the get-go is making me a little batty.
Have a great day! I'm off to exercise and then brainstorm.

1 comment:

Devon Matthews said...

Hope you had some inspiration from your brainstorming today. There must be something in the air. Every writer of my personal acquaintance--me included-- seems to be having focus problems right now. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon.