Friday, April 25, 2008

Cosmic Clue?

Friday, April 25, 2008~ Aquarius (Jan 20 - Feb 18)
Your nervous system may be gently rebelling as thoughts come and go too quickly to fully grasp. You are not completely in control of your own mind, so don't try to stop the eclectic ideas from circling in and out of consciousness. It's not necessary to understand them now. Just enjoy the images and let them distract you for a while. When they pass, your tensions will subside.
****
I used to check my horoscope daily. Now I just do it if I'm bored...which obviously I am, but here is the strange part- The above horoscope for me today seems to express what I've been feeling about my current WIP- thoughts coming and going too quickly for me to fully grasp, not completely in control of my own mind....I have felt nervous and jittery because I haven't been able to wrap my mind around my novel at all and I haven't been able to capture the thoughts that have been swirling around in my head. Perhaps my horoscope is right for once- maybe I should enjoy the distraction until it passes and hopefully when it does...I'll understand why and be able to move forward after that.

I wouldn't normally put much value in something like this, but in some ways it makes sense to me. Sort of the way I felt about the fortune cookie I got a couple of months ago from the Chinese restaurant. I opened it and it said, "You are a lover of words, someday you will write a book." How ironic is THAT? LOL I taped it on my computer monitor where I can see it all the time. :0)

I subscribe to the notion that you should follow your instincts when at all possible. Listening to your gut and your heart usually lead you in the right direction. Unfortunately...my life has been filled with "noise" here lately and it seems the days are abuzz with activities and thoughts.

Spring is bringing things back to life and it's filling in, and in some ways intruding on, the "quiet" I had during the Winter months. There is no place to find the peace and calm I need to bury my head in my book. Stubborn, stubborn mind would prefer the busy bee days of Spring than sitting here writing.
My flowers are in bloom(Orange Symphony African Daisies) I'm tempted to move my swing down to the back of the yard near the swing set so that my daughter can play and I could sit and lazily swing and think and perhaps open the gateway back up to inspiration.
(Soprano Purple African Daises to right)-
I just have a tough time committing myself to doing nothing but sitting and thinking and pondering right now. I feel like I should be doing a lot more than just sitting and relaxing. Deep mediation wouldn't work for me at the moment. My brain is buzzing as much as the bumblebees and wood bees, fluttering like the hummingbirds(who are already back since I put out the feeder the other day.)
The blue birds are busy building their nest in the tree out front and the other birds whose chicks just hatched on top of the column on our front porch are busy finding food. I'm not sure what kind of little birds they are, but the male is mostly brown other than having a bright red breast, but they're not robins. These are smaller and they sing the prettiest little songs, especially now when they are feeding their babies right outside my front door. They work together. It's heartwarming to see how they take care of their babies.
I suppose I've rambled on enough this morning...jumbled thoughts transcend upon, flitting in and out(just as that horoscope says! LOL)
Hope everyone has a great Friday and wonderful weekend.
~Taryn

2 comments:

Devon Matthews said...

I hear you on everything you wrote. We've worked every evening until nearly dark this week, redoing all the landscaping and flower beds in front of the house. I don't know about you, but I think I'm ready for a couple of days of rainy weather. :o)

Taryn Raye said...

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. We're supposed to have rain coming in this evening through tomorrow and then Sunday night through Monday morning. I hope the weatherman doesn't fail me. I need down time..Much as I love bright sunny days...I need the quiet of lazy, rainy days to go into myself for a bit.