The Way to a Man's ♥~
Basic Spritz Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (I find that real butter works better than margarine)
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract (or almond also works good)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375º
- Place butter & shortening in large mixing bowl. Cream together on medium high speed.
- Add sugar gradually. Beat until light & fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg & vanilla; mix well using medium speed.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt in separate bowl. Add to butter/sugar mixture in 3 additions; mixing well after each addition. Dough will be stiff.
- Assemble & fill cookie press with dough. Use desired disc.
- Press cookies on ungreased, uncoated cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375º for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Do not overbake.
Sweets for the Sweet!