Saturday, October 13, 2012

Taryn Raye's #SCENTsational Saturdays The Way to a Man's Heart- Easy Coconut Cookies


When I stayed with my folks last week, my mom made this ooey gooey easy coconut cookies and I just had to share the recipe today because it's such a simple recipe and because we're getting closer to the holidays and I'm just a smidge tired of talking about body wash and soap, so I thought...hey, why not share another new recipe!

Easy Coconut Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup All-Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Rice Krispies
1/2 cup flaked coconut

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350º
  1. Cream together the shortening and sugars
  2. Add egg and vanilla, mix until well blended
  3. Add flour and baking soda, until well blended
  4. Add Rice Krispies cereal and flaked coconut, until well blended
  5. Drop by spoonfuls onto foil lined cookie sheet
  6. Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown
You can use a toothpick to the center to test them. If it comes out clean, they're ready to come out of the oven. You can also add a drop or two of either almond extract or coconut extract along with the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for an added burst of flavor.

Here's hoping my hubby will enjoy them as much as I did. Have a SCENTsational Saturday!

No comments: