Friday, January 29, 2010

Toothpaste! AKA Blogger's Block

I'm not a fan of writer's block and honestly think I just procrastinate more than anything or get easily distracted from the matter at hand, but seriously...this is getting OLD.

Of course, I realize today I'm now suffering from blogger's block. Yeah...I'm calling it that. I'm actually just feeling disconnected from everything writing related at the moment. Thoughts keep drifting, ability to concentrate is down to the bare minimum. I can't even journal because my thoughts are in such a jumble. Nothing's flowing.

I need to get the words and thoughts and feelings out but it's like it's jammed up in there and I can't get it out...like the last little bit of toothpaste in the tube. No matter how tightly you smash and roll the tube up from the end and then twist it and mangle it, it's NOT coming out without a fight.
But I guess I'm going to have to fight back— write what I can, when I can until I get back in the groove of things. My world is just in a very strange place right now I guess...and my words are stuck back there in the back of the tube. I'm rolling it though and eventually it'll give. It has to.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Try jogging or speed walking, which ever you like works. Trust me it will do the trick. Best of luck.

Kelly's Mom said...

What a great metaphor for the "funk" we writers sometimes find ourselves in! Here's hoping it doesn't last too long! Keep pushing & rolling!

onceuponasunflower said...

Hello from a fellow S. Kentuckian! Maybe all this snow we got will help with your writer's block! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Tracy Hacker said...

I've been suffering from the same accursed thing for like 2 months! Let me know if you figure out how to get around it. I could use a nudge too!! ;o)

Tracy

Seema Riley said...

"To ensure success at failing one should Never try... if one Keeps trying success may become inevitable."

Never give Up.

This too shall pass.

:) Best Wishes Taryn Raye