This is a favorite snagged from my Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks Slow Cooker Recipes and a lot of times it’s the thing we have on Super Bowl Sunday, whether hubbies team is playing or not.
1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
2 medium onions, sliced (I do them in rings)
1 lb boneless round steak (1 inch thick), cut into 1 x ¼ inch strips
2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
1 large green pepper, cut into rings
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder or granules
4 hoagie buns, split
Provolone cheese slices
Directions-1. Combine butter & onion rings in a bowl to coat them
2. Sprinkle steak strips with garlic-pepper seasoning and salt
3. In 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, layer half of the onions, all the steak strips and the bell pepper. Top with remaining half of onions
4. In measuring cup, combine water and bouillon, stirring until dissolved
5. Pour over mixture in slow cooker
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours
7. Approximately 10 minutes before serving, place bun halves, open faced on ungreased cookie sheet
8. Turn on the oven broiler
9. Scoop beef mixture with a slotted spoon onto the bottom halves of the buns
10. Top with provolone slices and broil a few inches from the heat until cheese is melted and top buns are toasted
11. Remove and place top bun over cheese
You can also save back the juices and use them for au jus to dip your sandwich in.
Great served with spicy or seasoned potato wedges.