So...having said that, I'm going to post this today, though it's Sunday rather than a Saturday, but wanted to get this one on out there. It's a potato dish I threw together once when we were going to be having company and it's morphed into a favorite side dish we have quite often. Hope you enjoy it!
Potatoes (amount depends on size of serving dish. I generally use an 8X8 glass dish)
8 oz. Sour Cream
8-16 oz. bag of Shredded Cheddar, divided 2/3 for mixing in, 1/3 for topping
Bacon Bits (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Stick Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Peel & rinse desired amount of potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Boil or Steam until fork tender (in my steamer, approx. 35-40 minutes)
- In large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, melted butter, salt, pepper, sour cream, bacon bits and the 2/3s of shredded cheddar
- Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle top with remaining shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350º for approximately 30 minutes, until heated thoroughly and top cheese is golden brown.