Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Taryn Raye welcomes @MarilynBaron, #author of The Edger to #TuesdayswithTaryn



Tuesdays with Taryn
Marilyn Baron

Help me welcome fellow author and one of my Triberr tribemates, Marilyn Baron. 

What book(s) most influenced you as a writer? I first wanted to become a writer after I read Little House on the Prairie and the Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. 

What book do you read over and over again? I may be the only one who doesn’t do this, but I don’t typically reread books. There are so many great books out there, that I can’t wait to read the next one.

Tuesday Trio- My favorites
1)      Movie-Casablanca
2)      Music-Chances Are by Johnny Mathis, which is “our song” for my husband and me
3)      Decadent Dessert-Chocolate Chip, Peppermint or Cinnamon Ice Cream  

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel? After the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Bermuda was surrounded by German U-boats. Although the move cut off vital supplies, the islands were never invaded. Why did the Germans stop short of capturing that tiny speck in the ocean, when the value of controlling such a strategic possession could have altered the course of the war? That fact was the inspiration for my novel, Under the Moon Gate, a romantic thriller set in contemporary and WWII Bermuda that will be released by The Wild Rose Press in 2013. It is my fictional account of why Bermuda was spared. 

Novels on your Nightstand:
Who/what are you currently reading? Okay, get ready for a long list: Ken Follett, Winter of the World;  Sandra Brown, Low Pressure; Telegraph Avenue, Michael Chabon; 1493, Charles C. Mann; and I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I also loved Don’t Ever Get Old by Daniel Friedman and Stephen King’s new novel, 11/22/63.

Whom would you cast as your Main Characters/Hero/Heroine if your book became a movie? I think George Clooney would make a great hero in my women’s fiction, The Edger. Check out the lawn man on the cover. I can totally see George in the role. I haven’t thought as far as the heroine yet because I’m too busy imagining George without a shirt. My sister and co-author, award-winning Florida artist Sharon Goldman, wants me to call George personally and offer him the role. And I tell her to dream on.

Blurb: The Edger is a humorous mainstream fiction novel about landscape artist Alexandra Newborn’s shocking reunion with her college art professor, Nick Anselmo—once a celebrated Italian artist, now a homeless lawn man—which sows the seeds for murder, mystery and romance.

In gratitude for food, art materials and company, Nick, or The Edger, as Alex comes to think of him, drops off a new sketch in front of Alex’s house every week when he comes to do her lawn. Nick’s provocative artwork is the key to revealing a dangerous liaison between Alex’s husband, Mark, and Bitsy Diamond, owner of the gallery where Alex dreams of having a one-woman show. When a deadly hurricane takes a dangerous turn the night of Nick’s opening, Mark’s body washes up behind Bitsy’s beach house, leaving readers to wonder whodunit?


Available at the following—

You can find out more about Marilyn at her shared Author Blog



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the trivia. Whets the appetite for the forthcoming novel very nicely!

AJ Kirby

Anonymous said...

Thanks, AJ. I'm excited about the upcoming release.

Marilyn