Saturday, June 16, 2012

#SCENTsational Saturdays- Through the Years- Skin Musk by Bonne Bell

Skin Musk is clean, fresh and sexy! Let the soft aroma of floral, sandalwood and musk embrace you. A touch is all it takes to turn on the romance.

Ah...another perfume that, surprise surprise, has sandalwood in it! LOL Even without picking it intentionally, it's another fragrance I veer toward when picking perfumes. This perfume is actually still sold in stores and can commonly be found at Wal-Mart. I don't have any at the moment, but I've been tempted to buy a new bottle of it, just to see if I still like the smell as much as I did in my youth. Life has changed and I wonder if this one would be much like Exclamation, which might throw me into a fit of migraine attacks.

But having said that, I do remember fondly wearing this until I emptied the bottle and had to buy a new one and I seem to recall doing that a lot, so this must have had quite a few qualities I liked, one of which I do remember specifically. It has staying power. You don't have to apply a lot and the fragrance would stay with you from morning till night.

What I remember about it was that it was a "louder" scent than most perfumes that young girls wore, it was more sensual and to me represented being older, perhaps more sophisticated and feminine, which as some point, all young girls want to be.

When I think if this perfume, a few oldies but goodies from my youth come to mind musically, so I'll share a few videos today-





Have a SCENTsational SATURDAY!

2 comments:

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Hmm, I'm trying to remember what that one smelled like now, too. I know I had a bottle of it at some point in time. I love perfumes. I never had a 'scent' that was mine, that I wore all the time. I change depending on my mood or the season. There's just so many great ones out there!
Great post!

Taryn Raye said...

I'm thinking that when we go do the grocery shopping this afternoon at Wal-Mart, I might have to see if they have a tester bottle or a small one I can get, just to find out. ;)

Thanks for stopping by, Rachel!