Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#TuesdayswithTaryn Q&A with F.R. Warnock #Authors #Readers #Adventure

Tuesdays with Taryn
Click image above to purchase on Amazon Kindle

Please help me welcome F.R. Warnock to Tuesdays with Taryn.

What book(s) most influenced you as a writer?

The Haunting of Hill House – It’s the book that made me want to be a writer. I read it when I was 17 and still shiver when I think about it – it really got under my skin. I’m so far past 17 now that I can’t even see it anymore, but the images that book evoked are still with me. I don’t write suspense or horror but I hope the words I commit to paper will have that same power – to instill images and cause the reader to remember them for years to come.

What book do you read over and over again? Green Darkness by Anya Seton

Tuesday Trio- I have lots of loves – so I give you a trio of each

1) Movie- Shining Through with Michael Douglas & Melanie Griffith, National Treasure with Nicholas Cage, Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie

2) Music- anything by the Eagles, Jimmy Buffet or Heart

3) Decadent Dessert- Cream Horns from Helen’s Bakery in Portsmouth, OH, my mom’s Black Raspberry Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and anything I bake (I’m a really good baker.)

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel? I learned this from reading the book Sepulchre which I do consider as research since the subject matter is one I’m very interested in - That the Visigoths would build dams to stop the flow of a river – dig into the river bed and create a tomb for their ruler – tear out the dams and let the river return to its normal flow. The king and his treasure hidden for all time. – How cool is that?

Novel on your Nightstand:

Who/what are you currently reading? Again – my answer is in multiples – The Devil’s Gate by Clive Cussler, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and Sepulchre by Kate Mosse.

Whom would you cast as your Hero & Heroine if your book became a movie? I have to choose a couple of Kentucky natives for the leads in the book of my heart which is set in Kentucky – (and yes it’s only in manuscript form and has never been submitted anywhere-yet !) - Ashley Judd would be perfect as the heroine and the hero would have to be George Clooney.


Check out F.R.'s current release- The Warrior's Drum

What happens when baseball-crazy Nick Thompson’s dad gets transferred to “worse than the middle of nowhere” Halleytown just as the Little League all-star team selection is about to begin—the year Nick is a shoe-in as the starting second baseman? Bradley J. Johnley, that’s what! An uncoordinated brainiac and fellow sixth grader, Bradley gets Nick embroiled in a 200-year old mystery involving a valuable necklace and a missing Native American artifact, complete with an attached curse. Come along for the adventure, as Nick and Bradley attempt to unravel the mystery, find the warrior’s drum and break the curse.

Author Bio: F.R. Warnock, grew up in a small town in northeastern Kentucky not far from the Scioto River Valley, the traditional home of the great Shawnee Nation. She discovered her love of baseball at age eleven, when her brother began playing Little League. The Warrior’s Drum is her first book for the younger reading crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to say, my 9 year-old daughter and I read this together and we both loved the story and we both hope there are more stories like this to come from Ms. Warnock.

Other places you can purchase The Warrior's Drum


You can also find F.R. and several other WONDERFUL writers at
Great Local Writers


No comments: