Saturday, April 21, 2012

#SCENTsational Saturdays- Through The Years- #Exclamation

Introduced in 1988, Exclamation has hints of peach, apricot, amber and sandalwood and it definitely leaves an impression.


When I smell this fragrance nowadays, I find it hard to believe I ever wore it when I was a quiet, shy chubby teenage girl. This was not, is not, a scent for the timid. This perfume shouted from the rooftops that you had arrived, you were there! EXCLAMATION! No ifs, ands or buts about it. Others would know you were coming before you entered the room.

The funniest thing, it gave me a busting headache and yet, I wore it. My mom HATED it- thought it the most loud odor she'd ever had the misfortune to gift to me at the holidays and dreaded every spritz of my bottle. I'm sure there were times she hoped that I'd finally hit the bottom of that little white bottle, but then, if I had allowance money, I'd head straight to the store to buy more.

Now I can do without the overpowering scent, but the thing I cherish most about it- the imagery and memories it conjures up- music and time, divided by decades, but one whiff of Exclamation and I'm there all over again- Take a musical journey with me-

Do you remember any of these songs?
What were some of your favorites late 80's/early 90's?








Man, I wish LL had the official video for this. LOVED that video SO much. He was such a cutie! Still is!


Have a SCENTsational Saturday!

No comments: