Saturday, April 7, 2012

#SCENTsational Saturdays- The Way to a Man's Heart...#Food #Recipes

I completely forgot to schedule this, so I'm running late this morning as I didn't remember until I was making cinnamon French toast for myself and my daughter for breakfast.

The other day I was thinking about how "Scents" encompass more than just fragrances, lotions, shampoos, etc. In fact, everyday we're surrounded by aromas that send our senses on a memorable journey- sometimes eliciting fond nostalgia for childhood and home as well as your first love or your first apartment.

And then another thought struck me while writing my blog for Potluck with Judy earlier this week. I mentioned that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and so it got me to chewing that thought over, as I've been wondering what other things I could talk about on SCENTsational Saturdays. Food and recipes seems high on the list. Just as my favorite fragrances make me feel good—good home-cooking has almost an aphrodisiac effect on my husband, as it does most men.



And so, with that thought in mind, I decided to start sharing a recipe, probably at the first of every month, of foods that I know make for a happy hero (or heroine).

Today I'm sharing what to me is "Grandma & Momma's" Peach Cobbler, but to a lot of people it is known as the "Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa" recipe for most country cobbler desserts.


Grandma & Momma's Peach Cobbler

1 Large can of sliced Peaches (juice 1/2 drained)
1 stick of Butter
1 Cup Flour (self-rising)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Milk
Dash of Cinnamon

Heat oven to 350ยบ.

  1. Melt butter in bottom of pan while oven preheats.
  2. Mix Flour, Sugar, and Milk till smooth.
  3. Add dash of Cinnamon and blend in.
  4. Pour mixture over melted butter
  5. Pour Peaches on top of mix.
  6. Bake for 35 minutes to 1 hour, or until gold and bubbly.

Serves well, a la mode with Vanilla Ice Cream.


Have a SCENTsational Saturday!

No comments: