Saturday, March 21, 2009

Good Grief!

This new Internet Explorer 8 is driving me crazy this morning...I could go to just about any other website but I couldn't get in HERE! LOL

I was about ready to pull my hair out...

This week's felt long, but I feel good. I haven't had a cigarette in a week- Of course I haven't gotten any revisions done, but I think this is a time of baby steps for me and for once I'm not "multi-tasking" everything. Hopefully next week will find me pulling things together a little more and getting back to revisions while I go through Week 2 of not smoking.

Right now my thoughts are pretty single-minded, though I am also thinking about my mother-in-law. She's been in the hospital the past two days because she had a pancreatic attack. The doctors don't know exactly what to do for her, though they have her on antibiotics right now, I'm assuming to help bring down swelling or infection around her pancreas because it's swollen and has fluid around it.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm going to try to get back to blogging next week.

5 comments:

Magdalena Scott said...

Taryn,

I don't use Internet Explorer. I made the switch to Mozilla a few years ago--well, the son/computer guru made the switch. Hope IE smooths out for you.

Congratulations on a week of no smoking. I admire you so much!

Devon Matthews said...

Congratulations on your first smoke-free week! Reward yourself. Hope you get back to blogging and your wip very soon. I'm sending get well wishes for your m.i.l. :o)

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks ladies.

Magdalena- I've used Mozilla before, but it seemed to make our computer act all screwy, but that could have been because I tried to use it on the old hard drive- just before it crashed. Might not do that on this one, but a bit leery of trying.

Devon- I did reward myself- I bought 7 MP3s from Amazon- 1 for each day I went without smoking. I thought if I reward myself with my 2nd love after writing- music- it would not only give me new music to listen to, but encourage me to keep going. :D

Thanks so much for the get well wishes for my MIL. Hubby called this morning and she was up taking a bath, but the docs still don't know what to do because they can't pinpoint what set off the attack.

JM Madden said...

Congratulations on the non-smoking. That will make you feel so much better. Have you tried your Gazelle since you quit. I bet it's easier too.
Sorry about your mom-in-law. That's tough when you can't find exactly what's wrong.
Keep up the good work.

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks Jennifer. Yep- been doing the gazelle 5 miles a day.