Guess that's what I get for passing by the freezer compartment the past several weeks and saying "I'll get them some other time." I should have gotten them "then."
So anyway...since they didn't have the ravioli- I got some penne pasta and threw this recipe together. I'm certain it's probably not original or unique, but it was different for us. Hubby and I liked it- 6 y/o- not so much..
Sausage and Green Pepper Penne Pasta
1 lb tube of Sausage, grounded and browned and drained (I used Tennessee Pride Mild)
1 or 2 Green Pepper(s)
1 Tbsp stick butter
1 16 oz box of Penne pasta
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (your favorite- I used mushroom)
1 8 oz bag of Italian Blended Shredded Cheese
1. Cook pasta until tender and to your taste, while you brown the ground sausage.
2. Cut peppers to suit (bite size) and saute with Tbsp. butter. Leave slightly crisp.
3. Drain pasta- use the same pan to mix together the cooked sausage, peppers and spaghetti sauce and heat.
4. Mix drained pasta back into pan and stir well to mix all ingredients.
5. Spray a 13 X 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and pour pasta blend into it.
6. Sprinkle top with Shredded Cheese and put under broiler long enough to melt cheese and slightly brown.
Serve with favorite garlic bread.
Tonight I'm making Round Steak Supreme. Perhaps I'll share that recipe later.