Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Touch of Beauty in a Gray Gloomy Day....

I needed a touch of beauty today. A moment to pause and go- Ahhh...isn't that pretty? (This is a faux Faberge egg trinket music box my grandmother got for me years ago- it plays "The Rose." Purty, ain't it?)

It's gloomy outside. Gray skies. Wind gusts and the impending feel of a storm heading this way. I feel it deep to the bone. Just like with the changing of the seasons, I "feel" the weather, too.

My tizzy yesterday has calmed down. I think I'm going to stick with my method of getting my novels fluffed, edited and polished for the time being. It's not worth the twitching and spasms I put myself through yesterday. Ha Ha!

I'm going to try to get some work done now. Keep myself occupied while hubby has to run to the school to get our daughter. Got a call a little while ago that her right eye is really red (she was complaining about it when she first got up but I figured it was just from sleep). Could be pink eye...will have to wait and see after hubby takes her to the doctor and that could be a while since they're booked up and will have to fit her in as a walk-in.

If it ain't one thing.....

4 comments:

Magdalena Scott said...

Taryn,

Thanks for the touch of beauty. I'm dreading the storms, too.

Good luck with today's writing, and with your daughter's eye. I know what you're saying...you get over one hurdle, and the next one is two steps ahead. One of many reasons I wasn't on the track team.

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks Magdalena! LOL

I wasn't on the track team either...I dreaded those days in P.E. class when we HAD to at least "try" to jump the hurdles. My legs are just TOO short!

Devon Matthews said...

What a gorgeous keepsake! Hope your daughter doesn't have pink eye. Stay safe today. I dread storms sooo much.

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks Devon!

I hope it's not pink eye, either. Seems this constant flux of weather we've been having is affecting mine and her allery/sinuses the past few days..

Hopefully hers is simply allergy related.