Friday, February 20, 2009

Light At the End of the Tunnel...

I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. (Dang, my fingers are moving swiftly this morning. Where'd that come from?!?! LOL)

Isn't this a beautiful little archway path? Oh, If only everything here were so green and alive. I think I'm heading in the right direction though.

See the sunlight up ahead? Yes..that's lovely, isn't it?

For me it's because the past couple of days I added a few more scenes and a chapter and now I'm readjusting the chapters(again) to break them up a little more evenly to get the chapter count I want- to match the previous story in the series.

Things around here have calmed down drastically since all the hullabaloo we dealt with for a couple of weeks with the kid issues. Probably the reason I'm making some progress with this manuscript.

Though I know I still have more to do on the revisions, I'm really enjoying doing the read through and feel like I know my characters even better than I did when I originally wrote the first draft. I'm working with one of my favorite heroines, as it is. She is the one who wouldn't shut up when I was working on her sister's story. The one who wanted to talk to me so desperately, she had a tendency to keep me up at night with tidbits about her life- her story.

Doesn't hurt that, in my mind- her hero kind of favors Tim McGraw. Yummy!

So, anyway...I'm going to take a nice little stroll down the lane and finish up the work I need to do. Have a wonderful Friday!

6 comments:

Devon Matthews said...

Nice post, Taryn. Hope you have a terrific day!

Taryn Raye said...

Thank you! You too!

Magdalena Scott said...

Good for you, on the writing, Taryn!

I'm glad things have settled down for the kids, too. Growing up is rough--both doing it and watching it.

I just have to ask--did you draw the archway with your nifty software? If so, you've made huge strides on that.

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks Magdalena!
ROFLOL
no...didn't make the archway with my software- I wish!

(Took Devon's advice and went searching for some usage free images)

Jennifer Madden said...

Isn't it a nice feeling to feel like you're accomplishing something? Congratulations. It sounds like things are really lining up for you.

Taryn Raye said...

Absolutely Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by.