Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Other Goals and Dreams for '09

Well, as promised, I'm going to blog today about other goals/dreams for 2009, besides my writing.

One thing off the top is to get back to doing my exercise on my Tony Little Gazelle. I did it for 3 or 4 months midway through the year, but after that, I slacked off. I'm disappointed in myself that I quit, but it seemed I lost sight of that when the kids started school and things got busy and hectic.

So exercise- big on the list of priorities for this coming year.

Taking care of my health is another thing. Dental work would probably be high on the list, too. My teeth are in bad shape and I know that can lead to severe health problems if I don't get it taken care of, so I'm going to look into having them taken care of sometime this year.

Decluttering my home- The place is a mess and needs a good overhaul on clearing the junk and only keeping the things that are necessary or wanted. My spare bedroom is jam packed with stuff- some of it old and wore out, like my old stereo. I'm sure the speakers would still work on another stereo component, but the radio/cassette and cd player is kapoot- there's old shelves and clothes the kids have outgrown, which I'm planning to give away anyhow. My stepson's clothes will go to my step-FIL's neice for her boys. My daughter's clothes will have to wait till I can make a trip up to Lawrenceburg to give them to one of my friends for her youngest daughter.

The bedroom and my closet could also use a good decluttering. I need to go through my clothes and pack away any blouses I don't wear or haven't worn in a while. No need for it to be taking up space if I haven't and probably won't wear it this next year. Besides, if I clear that out I might be able to make room in my closet for the boxes of stuff that's scattered around the bedroom! LOL
Truth is, like I said, the entire house needs a good cleaning and as soon as I take down my holiday decorations I'll probably give it all a good straightening up.

Of course, my family is also a priority and so that's another goal for the year- Spending quality time with my family. That includes going back to my hometown for a visit during spring break when the kids are out from school. I've got a big girl who'll be graduating kindergarten this spring and my boy will be moving on up from 4th grade.

I'm thankful that my aunt who has brain cancer is coming up on her 5th anniversary- a survivor. My other aunt had lung cancer, but with chemo and radiation, she's gotten a clean bill of health. My uncle, who has rectal cancer is still hanging in there and doing better since he got a colostomy bag, which has improved his eating habits so he doesn't get sick and makes he feel a little bit better.

My hubby had a close call this year and almost wound up with pneumonia again, but is doing much better and we've all been sick, so I'm hoping for a healthier year to come as well, for all of us.

I guess there's not much else to say though. I have a full plate of things I'm hoping for in 2009 as I'm sure everyone else is....so here's hoping the "dish" ends up being enjoyable for all.

Happy New Year Everyone! See you in '09!!!

3 comments:

Magdalena Scott said...

Taryn,

You certainly have a lot of goals for 2009. But I have every confidence that you will achieve them!

Happy New Year, my friend!

Taryn Raye said...

Thanks Magdalena! Here's hoping your new year is wonderful as well!

Kelly's Mom said...

Taryn,
I think we can all take a lesson from your list of goals this year. Taking care of ourselves is so important, but also difficult, especially for women. We tend to take care of everyone else first, and let ourselves go. Thanks for the reminder that taking care of "us" is important, not only for ourselves but for the people who love us and depend on us!

Happy New Year!
Amy