Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Way to a Man's Heart- Brown Sugar Broccoli #recipe #goodeats

The Way to a Man's ♥
Brown Sugar Broccoli
It's a given that not everybody likes broccoli. My husband sure doesn't and I used to forgo my desire for it because no one else in the house would eat it. Now my daughter will eat it but normally my stepson, who's 15 doesn't like it either because his mom fixes broccoli & cheese sauce and he HATES it...BUT, he loves broccoli when I fix it this way and it's one of the quickest, easiest recipes I've come up with. It has a wonderful Asian flare to it and I hope that this simple side dish will be an added favorite to your meals.

Ingredients:
Broccoli florets
2-3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2-3 Tablespoons Butter
1-2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
Salt, to taste

  1. Steam broccoli approximately 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
  2. Melt butter, brown sugar together with soy sauce and pour over broccoli to coat.
  3. Add salt to taste, depending on whether you prefer the sweet flavor or a bit more saltiness.


No comments: