Monday, March 8, 2010

78% and It's Gone

Those two things in the subject are totally unrelated. LOL

I'm 78% of the way to the end of my novel. Going to get back to it in a bit, but wanted to post a blog and just update on how things are going.

Hubby started his new job and it's exhausting him, but I think he's happier than he was at the last place he worked.

Girly-girl has strep throat over the weekend and we had to take her to the ER because I discovered the bumps and red irritation on her throat on Saturday after she started running a fever and complaining about her throat and of course the regular doctor's office was closed. She got a shot in her bum and really hated everyone for that, but she was fever free and on the bus to school this morning. Stepson is fairing well, so not much to say in that regard.

My writing has made some hops and skips this weekend. I didn't do any writing yesterday but we did have really great Italian marinated BBQ chicken on the grill and it was so good.

I also got back in touch with a very dear friend over the weekend and well, we were talking about photography and I mentioned that I wanted to go down to that old house I lived in as a kid and take pictures of it because it was part of the inspiration for an idea I have for one of my novels. He told me its been torn down. About 2 years ago. Talk about feeling devastated. In all these years and now I'll never get the chance to see the old place again, let alone get pictures of it. He told me he'd check into it and see if he couldn't find a picture or something for me, so we'll see.

Of course, not that I doubted his word for one minute, it didn't stop me from pondering whether the image of the house might be on a map online, so I googled it this morning. I found the bridge with the sign, I crossed the bridge, turned the camera angle toward the driveway and sure enough- there's some little storage looking building there- not my haunted plantation-style childhood memory.

You wanna talk about a grown woman bawling! LOL I sit here and still tear up thinking about it. I had so hoped that maybe the maps weren't up to date. One time when I used them, the images were 2 years old, so I had kept my fingers crossed, but no such luck. Oh, well. Perhaps my friend can come up with something for me at some point. We'll just have to wait and see.

So...I'm almost there but feeling a little gone today at the same time. It's strange to think I could cry over a silly place I might only have lived a few months when I was what—4—but I do and my friend understood completely. I'm actually glad I heard it from him rather than anyone else.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday...I'm off to type my little fingers off..

No comments: