Thursday, January 3, 2008

A New Year ~ A New Post

2008.

It has pounced upon us. And with quite a cold bite. The past two mornings it has been bitterly cold, dipping down to 16º yesterday morning, but with a windchill that made it feel like 3º. This morning....11º, although there's no windchill this morning...no brisk wind knocking at the door, so the temperature is accurate without figuring in the WC factor. Still, it is insanely cold and though it's somewhat warm in my home, my toes still feel like ice cubes in my socks.

This new year is also a new start to my writing. Yesterday I finished writing Chapter 23 of my current WIP and started Chapter 24. So far so good. I know it's a bit clunky, but I want to get the first draft finished before I move on to edits.

I've also accumulated round about 35 TBR books, so that's another thing on my list of things to do that is "writerly" related. I know I've got a bookcase full of wonderful writers, just a matter of balancing my reading time with my own writing time this year.

I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go after I finish up novel #4. I may take a short break- though I've basically done that through December...so more than likely I will do some editing and revising on my finished ones and look through my idea "box" and figure out which one I want to work on next. I do know I want to write at least 2 more books again this year, though if I can manage more than that, I'll definitely attempt it, though I know I'm also faced with the quandary of getting those edits done and polishing up so I can start submitting.

The last year or so has been amazing and I've come a LONG way from the writer I was before in terms of my determination and confidence to finish what I start and believe that I can achieve it. And I need to remember that I don't have to keep dreaming about being a writer. I AM a writer, whether I'm published or not. Writing is my heart. It's a part of me that I can't shake off because it's sewn into the fabric of who I am.

So here's to a great year- a great start- the next new chapter in my life.

No comments: