The Way to a Man's ♥
Mustard Potato Salad
This is not technically one of my husband's favorites, but it's a great companion to grilled out burgers, hot dogs, chicken or steak and can generally be found on the table at many a cookout. Some would even say that it's a backyard necessity if you're going to be cooking out. This is my mom's recipe for Mustard Potato Salad, one of my favorites, which I recently discovered is actually called Amish Potato Salad.
4-5 medium to large potatoes
1 small onion
1-2 stalks of celery
2-4 sweet pickles
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
Dash of Paprika
- Peel and cube potatoes into bite size. Steam until tender (about 35-40 minutes in a steamer)
- Meanwhile, dice onions, celery and pickles
- Mix Miracle Whip, Mustard and Sugar together until well blended
- Stir in diced raw veggies
- Let potatoes cool for a bit and then stir in the rest of ingredients
- Place in dish with lid and lightly dash with paprika. Refrigerate until cold and ready to serve.