Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Sauce
This recipe is one I remember my grandmother making for a warm rich chocolate sauce you pour over cake, usually plain chocolate cake. You can also pour it over vanilla ice cream. It takes 10 minutes and makes 1 ½ cups.
¼ cup Cocoa
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Milk (or canned evaporated milk to make it richer)
2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup or Pancake Syrup
3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Measure all but vanilla into 1 ½ quart sauce pan
- Stir until blended
- Bring to boil over moderate high heat (med high)
- Boil 1 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and add Vanilla
- To reheat, stir in pan 5-8 minutes on low or 2-3 minutes on high in microwave, covered, stirring ½ way through.