Saturday, May 19, 2012

#SCENTsational Saturdays- Through the Years- #Emeraude


Emeraude by Coty
 
Emeraude by Coty is a Oriental fragrance for women. Emeraude was launched in 1921. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Coty. Top notes are orange, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and brazilian rosewood; base notes are amber, sandalwood, patchouli, opoponax, benzoin and vanilla.

Recommended Use: evening

I remember wearing this perfume for a very long time through my teens. The fact that all my favorite fragrances came from Coty, this one should come as no surprise as a favorite either. My mom wore Charlie, which always gave me a busting headache, but she had the same complaint about me wearing Emeraude. Ironically, I gave this fragrance up years ago- I probably haven't worn it in more than a decade, but my mom now keeps a bottle on her bathroom shelf and occasionally wears it.

There was something elegant about the box, the green and gold that drew me to it and the fragrance made me feel grown up during those very early formative years of adolescence and it was probably the first perfume I wore most often.

The strangest thing about the memories I associate with this specific fragrance are memories of V.C. Andrews' family saga, Flowers in the Attic and the diamond and emerald earrings and green velvet and chiffon dress that Cathy admired her mother wearing the night she allowed Cathy and Chris to sneak out of the room to view the Christmas party, when they saw their mother with Bartholomew Winslow.

This just reminds me how vivid her writing was, how greatly I admire her ability to weave clear description that still sparkles and lives on from page to memory. It leaves me feeling inspired and hopeful that the words I put to the page, each time I tell a story, each time I mold and shape my characters and build their worlds leaves that kind of impression on readers of my works.

And now that I've teared up a little, I think that's enough rambling...


Whether it's a fragrance or a book that wraps you in fond memory- 
I hope you have a SCENTsational Saturday!

No comments: