Monday, May 11, 2009

Undercurrents of Change

Can you feel that? It's like movement and urgency and helplessness....

Maybe it's just me...maybe it's just my imagination....

Today I've been overwhelmed with this sense of change--- Something big is afoot, but I'm not sure what it is- I just FEEL it. I felt it as I went to put the bills out in the mail and as I bagged up the garbage and put it out in the trash can. There's a rumbling, a vibration of something strange and distant calling to me.

Perhaps it was the very bizarre dreams I had last night that made NO sense to me but still filled me with a niggling- a worry- about things beyond my control~ emotionally and physically.

It feels like the earth is shifting beneath me, that whatever it is will impact me in a way I'm not expecting. Maybe I'm too sensitive to things around me. The sensation and emotion has nearly brought me to tears though a few times this morning. I can't explain where it's coming from or pinpoint the cause of this anxiousness.

I just know that it's coming....

Perhaps it's a fresh wave of writing inspiration- I have been feeling the pull to gravitate back toward my revisions and added almost 200 words to the revisions I was last working on- but I think it's more than that. It feels as though the floodgates are about to open and the waves are going to force me into the next phase- the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not.

Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Devon Matthews said...

Taryn, your post gave me a really eerie feeling. Maybe you're on the verge of writing a really great paranormal.

Magdalena Scott said...

Yikes. I don't know what it is, but I hope you're ready for it.

Janet C. Fish said...

That was a great description of that feeling. I hope you'll save that and use it in a story someday. You wrote it beautifully and people will identify with it and be excited to see what's coming up. It's a great "hook."